PALEO PAD THAI
WITH CHICKEN & SHIRATAKI NOODLES
Mix this low Carb, Paleo & Keto pad Thai in just minutes.
Make it with shrimp or chicken (or both).
- 1 package shirataki fettuccini noodles *
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juiceto taste
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- 2 cloves garlic minced or ran through a press
- 1 lb fresh shrimp or chicken
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 35 g unsalted cashews roughly chopped
- 3 green onions finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves torn
- Lime wedges
TO PREPARE SHIRATAKI NOODLES
- Drain the noodles, rinse well in cold water, place in boiling water for two minutes, then dry the noodles in an oiled pan over medium heat. Set aside.
FOR THE KETO PAD THAI
- Whisk together thoroughly in a small bowl fish sauce, coconut aminos, sweetener and red pepper flakes or cayenne. Add lime juice to taste, starting at 2 tablespoons.
- Heat oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil, garlic and saute briefly until it starts to brown.
- Cut chicken in small pieces, cook in coconut oil and garlic or add shrimp and cook for 2-5 minutes on each side (depending on their size), until just cooked through.
- Pour in the lightly beaten eggs and continue to cook, stirring them to scramble, until solid but still moist and tender.
- Pour in the prepared sauce and mix briefly until the shrimp and scrambled eggs are evenly coated. Add in prepared noodles, tossing to coat in the sauce. Add soy sprouts and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro and cashews or almonds. Serve immediately with fresh lime.
** Pad Thai is traditionally made with brown sugar
, so adding a touch of molasses to your sweetener will do just that (with minimal carb impact).
*** If paleo, substitute the toasted peanuts for almonds or cashews.
For additional recipes and helpful kitchen hacks follow us!
Set up a free discovery call to see if one-on-one health coaching can help you.